Biography and early career Novynskyi Vadym
Novynskyi Vadym – entrepreneur, oligarch, public figure, philanthropist. He is the 5th richest man in Ukraine with a fortune of $3.273 billion. The main owner of Smart Group and Smart Holding, the owner of a blocking stake in Metinvest metallurgical holding and many other assets. From 2010 to 2014, he was the Honorary President of FC Sevastopol. Member of the Parliament of Ukraine.
Vadim Novinsky was born on March 3, 1963 in Staraya Russa, Novgorod region (Russia). Lives and works in Kiev and St. Petersburg. Married. Has four children. For a long time he has been in his second marriage with Maria Leonidovna Novinskaya, who is a great influence on his husband in terms of church and religious views.
The businessman and now Ukrainian MP raised and educated his stepson Mikhail Matvienko in London, who, according to the Russian media, is the founder of several companies in St. Petersburg: Insurance Technology LLC, Metamorph Arredi Iprogetti LLC and Inconfidence LLC. Novinsky’s stepson is talked about as a nightclub lover. For example, in 2010 the newspaper wrote about an unpleasant incident that happened to 24-year-old Mikhail Matvienko, who drove into the window of a lingerie store and after the accident introduced himself as the son of the then acting governor Valentina Matvienko.
Novynskyi Vadym graduated from the Leningrad Academy of Civil Aviation in 1985 with a degree in control systems engineering.
- 1985-1989. – Worked in Petrozavodsk air squadron.
- 1989-1991 researched and worked in the Department of Control Systems and Computer Systems at Leningrad State Academy of Civil Aviation. – From 1989-1991 worked as an employee of the Department of Control Systems and Computer Technology of Academy of Civil Aviation (Leningrad).
- 1991-1996 – worked in the Center for Advanced Studies of the Academy of Civil Aviation (Leningrad). – From 1991-1996 – worked in the Center for Advanced Research of ANO “CNIOCI” (St. Petersburg).
- In 1996-1998 – worked in the Center for Advanced Studies of the Center for Advanced Research (St. Petersburg). – 1996-1998 – worked in the representative office of the company Lukoil-North-West (St. Petersburg).
- 1998-2002. – Together with his partners founded Lukoil-North-West (later Trading House Sever-West-Oil), represented the company in Ukraine, where he was engaged in supplies of fuels and lubricants to Krivorozhstal and Zaporozhstal.
- At the end of the 1990s, Novynskyi Vadym invested the money he earned from selling oil products in St. Petersburg into purchasing large iron ore companies in Ukraine – Ingulets and Southern Iron Ore Plants. In 1998 he participated in privatization of Ingulets Iron Ore Plant.
- In early 1999, the Neva Holding founded by Novinsky and his partners during a privatization tender buys a 77% stake in the Bulgarian iron and steel works Promet. In 2001 the “Promet” owners accused Merkushev of selling the plant’s production at reduced prices to his affiliated companies. However, after the trials, Novinsky managed to retain control over the plant.
- 1999 – Novynskyi Vadym establishes Smart Group company in Dnepropetrovsk.
- 2000 г. – As a result of an additional share issue, Novinsky and his partners obtain more than 75% of the shares in Yaregskaya Nefteitanovaya Kompaniya. A year later, Lukoil structures got hold of the company’s securities. In return, Novinsky gets an opportunity to participate in the development of the field through the company YaregaRuda.
- In the early 2000s, Novinsky took over management of Metall-Group LLC which was the operator of the Yakovlevskoye field in the Belgorod region owned by Viktor Chernomyrdin’s public foundation “Support and Development of the Middle Class”.
You can find more useful information about the businessman here http://www.novynskyi.wordpress.com/.